Grade K/1/2 Teacher
“We Came to Learn”
Tl’azt’en Nation is looking for a motivated and adventurous Elementary Teacher who would like to join our dynamic and energetic team for a rewarding experience in our First Nation community. Tl’azt’en Nation has a population of about 500 people. Tl’azt’en Nation is about a 30-minute drive from Fort St. James and is accessible by paved road. Tl’azt’en Nation sits on the shores of Stuart Lake surrounded by spectacular mountain views, and offers an endless array of activities, including hiking, skiing, boating, fishing, and hunting.
Our school population (< 50 students) enables lower teacher to student ratios, allowing greater differentiation in the classrooms. Furthermore, there is a renewed emphasis on special education in our school, with a dedicated Special Education teacher position. Each classroom also has at least one assistant per classroom to support teachers with management and instruction throughout the day. EJES follows scripted math and language programs to bring all students up to grade level. Training will be provided to all incoming teachers on Saxon Math and the relevant reading program for their students.
Google Map Link to Tl’azt’en Nation: https://goo.gl/maps/qGjJii5VnhjbBDYX8
• In possession of a Degree in Education;
• An up-to-date member of Teacher Regulation Branch (or working towards membership);
• Adventurous, versatile and a nature lover;
• Able to adjust to living in a small community (located 30mins outside of Fort St. James);
• Sensitive to First Nations culture and educational issues;
• Energetic, innovative and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive salary (matching local School districts depending on qualifications and experience)
• Benefit package that includes extended medical, dental, and pension, and subsidized housing, home internet, moving allowance, sick days and vacation pay.
• We also ensure that all of our teachers are provided with ongoing professional development opportunities through the First Nations Schools Association (FNSA).
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates.